JULIE HUNT-JUNEAU, RYT 200
Yoga saved me from the physical and mental stresses of a desk job. I became an instructor in 2012 to share the benefits of Yoga with others, and to introduce Yoga to those who felt it was beyond their capabilities.
In 2016, I trained with Balance Yoga & Wellness to become a Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor.
Soon thereafter I was certified by the Veterans Yoga Project to teach Yoga for PTSD, and have participated under a contract with the VA to provide this valuable Yoga instruction to Veterans.
I am currently studying to become certified as a Yoga Therapist.
- – Slow movements with the breath are more beneficial (see Tortoise & Hare fable)
- – Yoga can be practiced in everyday movements of life
- – Pretzel poses are not required. Advancement can be attained through more time in each pose.
- – Each class begins with 5-10 minutes of conscious breathing and ends with 10-15 minutes of relaxation
- – Yoga School of Covington (200 Hours)
- – Balance Yoga & Wellness (RYT 200)
- – Veterans Yoga Project (Certificate)
- – Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (Level 1)
- – Breathing DeeplyYoga Therapy (Enrolled)
Types of Yoga (Education Background):
- – Hatha
- – Iyengar
- – Anusara
- – Ashtanga